Re: Re: STORMS!

In a message dated 6/6/04 8:22:26 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< Anything new there worth commenting on? >>

Donna, we visited the Mo Botanical Gardens which I had never visited this
early in the gardening season.  If I had a choice, I would go later in the
summer/early fall.  They were still planting but nevertheless, loved it.  Japanese
Iris in the Japanese garden were awesome!  Also, viewed parts of Shaw, 4 home
gardens, 2 nurseries, river ride in Hannibal, dinner theater and rode the
downtown of St Louis at night.  The arch is always a sight.
    I came home with a Scabiosa 'Perfecta Alba', Hypericum 'Tricolor' (plan
to use in a pot) and 2 dwarf conifers.
    BTW, I have raved so about geranium 'Rozanne' and I saw it at the BG and
it was huge and flopped but not nearly as my Johnsons Blue and Brookside.  I
think I spoke to soon.
    Loved my garden when I got home.  The digitalis are huge and so beautiful
as are the roses.  I didn't get my roses sprayed before I left and have
blackspot on a couple.  I am not good at spraying but made a self vow to do a
better job this year :-(  Couple of lilies are open also.
    Donna, you have not shared how your lilies are looking.
    This Sat is our Master Gardener bus (chartered, 57 pass) trip which I &
another MG have arrgd.  We leave at 7 am & return at 9 pm.  We will visit a
garden center, Culvers, in Marion (Mardi, do you shop here?) Dubuque Arboretum
(home of the largest public collection of hostas, award winning rose gardens,
outstanding conifer collection and all cared for by volunteers) and two private
gardens in Farley and Oelwein.  Lots of miles and a full day of gardens.
    Our temps are predicted to get into the 90s this week & the humidity is
ugly.
        Ceres