Re: Litchis

Right on, Judy. One of our most coveted dishes is black bean and mango salad, with scallions, minced jalapenos, wild tomatos, and cilantro in a lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil dressing. It's my favorite way to eat mangos.

On Monday, June 14, 2004, at 06:15 PM, Judy L Browning wrote:

Man, I wish I could just drop in down there for a week. I love mangos, but
didn't know why I so seldom got a good one here. The Thai restaurant served
sticky rice with mangos when they first opened. Heavenly. Never saw it
again, unfortunately. When we visited the California kids one spring we
bought mangos & strawberries. There's another great combination.
----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Litchis

That's usually the way they are here, too, Cathy. Keep your car locked
when unattended or you'll end up with a back seat full of mangos.

On Monday, June 14, 2004, at 10:33 AM, cathy carpenter wrote:

Ah mangos!
I remember mango season in Hawai'i. They were like zucchinis...you
couldn't give them away! DH had to peel them for me as I am sensitive
to poison ivy, and there is cross reactivity to the oils in mango >
skin.
Cathy