Sandy soil

Thanks for the welcome, Everyone! We live in the USA southwest, so not
everything will grow here though I love almost all flowers/plants. It
can get up to 104 degrees here in the summer, but down to almost zero on
winter nights. My Jasmine survived and is growing and possibly the
Tigerlily, too. Our problem here is not only the temps, but a sandy, dry
soil. I think it rained here about a dozen times last year, and several
of those times were just a specktacular lightening/thunder/flash flood
type. We just planted about a dozen Afghanistan Desert Pines along with
some Colorado Blue Spruce. Part of our problem here is wildlife, too,
like Jack Rabbits, Cottontails, deer, and some unknown furry critters
living underground. I saw one run across the road one day. It was a
light brown color and the size of a hamster. Say, why do they call
Roadrunners..........Roadrunners? These Gambel's Quail are the
roadrunners around here along with the Cottontails. It seems they wait
until you're within a few feet of them then dash across the road in
front of you! The vulchers like it, but I hate seeing squished rabbit!
Once in a while, a bird gets hit, too. We do have Roadrunners in our
yard frequently. Interesting looking things! LOL! Saw one with a small
bird in it's beak one day!

Any advice on how to tame this bit of prairie will help. We've lost a
lot of plants this past year. I'm from CA where everything grows well.
I'm not used to coddling plants and actually having to pray that they'll
grow. LOL!

God bless,
Dakota

http://www.defendamerica.mil

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneths me." Phil. 4:13

--- james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
Welcome. Do you have specific plant interests, or are you all over the
place like most of us?

MakeADifference@ http://newsmad.com + http://lovemad.org