RE: : Hello!

Well Dakota- we never said we were the usual internet group :)

Doubt I can help much with the plant selection as I live in Zone 5,
Illinois, where it has been raining forever here. We need to equal out,
so my plants quit drowning and yours get some much needed moisture:)

All I can say is plant trees! I was a shade garden who moved to a
cornfield. Quite the learning experience. I now have some dabbled shade,
enough to sit under now.

I would also look around for some native to your region plants. They can
obviously adapt there. It is amazing what you find once you clear out
the nasty stuff hiding them. Most times they also have some benefit for
all the wildlife as well...

Don't count on the coyotes not coming to the house. When I moved here,
some where at my front bay window looking in at my dog and cat....was
not happy about that!