THANKS everyone for all your help with web URL's, book names and plant
names! We're in southern NM, needing an arid climate for health reasons.
I grew up near Yosemite Nat'l Park in CA, so this dusty southwest is a
new experience. In a way, I like seeing both mountain ranges, but on the
other hand I really miss forest. Coming home yesterday, I saw smoke atop
the mountain not far from here. I called it in. Soon, I saw a plane
circling the smoke, so they'll take care of it. We've had smoke for
several weeks now from other fires, one was near Capitan. Now, there's
supposed to be one near the AZ/NM border.

I've sent for a High Country Garden catalog, thanks! We have lots of
wild flowers. We left some "weeds" near the duck pond to give them
shelter. They turned out to be two foot tall sunflowers, pretty! They're
coming up through the gravel in the driveway! We have some critter who
has a maze of tunnels under my flower garden. It would be too much work
for John to put wire under it. He has narrowing of the bones that
equates chronic back and leg pain. He's the type that just keeps on
going no matter what. The only thing that ever got him to stop was
pneumonia! Right now, he's out painting the pump house and will finish
the rest of the house today, too. The previous owner painted it "puke
pink" with yellow trim! Half of the house is adobe brick. I think he's
decided to go ahead and paint it, too. Might protect it from weathering
though they're a hard baked brick.

Saw an Oriole the other day! We had some visiting brown headed cow
birds, too. You should see how cute the baby quail are following their
mother all in a row!

God bless,

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneths me." Phil. 4:13

--- "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:
Dakota (cool name BTW) these people have become more than friends,
they're family. I think you've seen that already. Anything we can do to
help - we're here. Pleased about your recovery too. Hang in there - it
will get better!

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A