Re: no turtles in boot camp

Jesse-in the Marine Corps contracts are 4 years for enlisted. Once he gets
out of boot camp (San Diego, since you are in the west, rather than Parris
Island here) he'll have to go to MOS (military occupational specialty, i.e.,
job) school and then MCT (Marine Combat Training) or maybe MCT is first. So
count on a good year before he does anything else.

Maybe by then things will have settled down some in the middle east. He
won't go over there straight out of boot camp.

He can become and office after joining. There are several programs that
train enlisted to officer. However, if he wants to work in ANYTHING to do
with aviation he needs to have a good ASVAB score (the test to get in)
especially on the electronics portion and the math. So if he hasn't taken it
yet, tell him from someone who knows, that he needs to study if he wants to
get a good MOS (job....) Sorry, the acronyms stick with you when you work
with the military.

And he won't be allowed to be lazy unless he wants to be tossed out of the
Corps during boot camp. Drill instructors have no patience with people who
won't move their you know what. That's what they get paid for. But he will
get some good training. You might be surprised at a major turn around after
boot camp.

Congrats on the business, sounds like things are moving along, and you'll be
a household name before you know it.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC