Re: Mis Pig Me Date

It's a pun on the pygmy date palm [Phoenix roebelinii], Bonnie.

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at 11:06 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Cincinnati revels in "flying pigs" even on their bridges. It is a sight to
see!

BTW, that theme of "Miss Pig Me Date" isn't a little play on words about us
little people is it? I shudder to think what the intelligent and refined
Ms. Fatma would think if she knew! LOL!

Bonnie (SW OH -zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea H
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 8:22 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Mis Pig Me Date

Is this like the "Cows on parade?" we had them several summers ago, and then
the next year we had pigs. There was even a flying one I think on a stand
downtown. DO take pictures. Would love to see Miss Pig Me Date.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org> To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 4:58 PM Subject: [CHAT] Mis Pig Me Date

Town I live in has got some kind of something going on where merchants
"sponsor" large cut outs of pigs, which they name and paint and then
the city spots them around town. Something to cure the summer doldrums
I guess. Anyway, we [the nursery] named our pig "Miss Pig Me Date." I
haven't seen it yet, so I don't know how it's painted. Film at eleven
[on Saturday, that is].

Island Jim Southwest Florida Zone 10 27.0 N, 82.4 W

http://www.hort.net/funds/

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim
Southwest Florida