Re: Donna's corner was: Plumeria-Jim picture-links- and ??

Re >  Acanthus is good tho' A.
> mollis would look best and I don't think it's hardy for you.
Well, I hope it is - I just bought one. Some refs say Zone 6, some say 5.
It is frequently sold here.

And if you're looking for big leaves in shade, how about Petasites japonicus
var giganteus,  Giant Japanese Butterbur?  I also thought about Rodgersias
and Ligularias - both hardy here.  I mentioned only the Acanthus, because,
well, the bear was just sitting there asking me to.

Kitty