Re: garden ornaments was: Donna's corner was: Plumeria-Jim picture-links- and??

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] garden ornaments was: Donna's corner was: Plumeria-Jim picture-links- and??
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:07:57 -0400

> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
> Marge, I think adding garden ornaments is one of the most difficult
for me.
> I probably underdo in fear of adding to much.  I think we had all
seen the 'to
> much' and of course, Felder is the extreme.  Is this difficult for
others?
----------

 Well, Ceres, seems to me that garden ornaments are, like beauty, in
the eye of the beholder (or gardener).  I have only three out there
that were gifted to me; it's not really my interest so I tend to not
think in terms of garden ornament, other than plants.   If faced with
a design issue, I will focus and develop an opinion, but otherwise I
basically don't see them...am looking at plants:)

Seems to me that whatever pleases you is what is right in the case of
ornaments.  Some people find them very satisfying and others do not,
but in the case of YOUR garden, you get to have what you like where
you like and in the quantity YOU like.    If others do not appreciate
what pleases you, they do not have to look at them:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi