Black beans & mango salad

We had our first-of-the-season black bean and mango salad for dinner this evening. Since mango season is just heating up, we hope to have many more before the weather cools. There are never two the same--tastes shift with what is available from the garden and the farmer's market. The Nam Doc Mai mangos that were the center piece of today creation will be gone, most likely, by next weekend, and so we'll have to choose another cultivar. Perhaps Julies or Carries will be in the market. Maybe we'll add avocados or strawberry guavas [ours may be ripe by then]. I suspect cilantro will soon disappear from the markets, so we'll switch to Thai basil as we do most summers. It shows little interest in bolting in our heat and humidity.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10
27.0 N, 82.4 W