RE: Black beans & mango salad

So what is the recipe!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 4:21 PM
To: Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Black beans & mango salad

We had our first-of-the-season black bean and mango salad for dinner
this evening. Since mango season is just heating up, we hope to have
many more before the weather cools. There are never two the
same--tastes shift with what is available from the garden and the
farmer's market. The Nam Doc Mai mangos that were the center piece of
today creation will be gone, most likely, by next weekend, and so we'll
have to choose another cultivar. Perhaps Julies or Carries will be in
the market. Maybe we'll add avocados or strawberry guavas [ours may be
ripe by then]. I suspect cilantro will soon disappear from the markets,
so we'll switch to Thai basil as we do most summers.  It shows little
interest in bolting in our heat and humidity.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10
27.0 N, 82.4 W