In the garden and out

Had to quit working in the garden about 10:00 this morning. Too beastly hot. We started right about dawn, however, so we got a fair amount of stuff done. Got another avocado tree planted [this makes three] and a pink plumeria that was languishing in the shade in a pot. We also got a whole mess of rooted cuttings potted up in 1-gallon pots and staked [they're going to be standards] and several other plants moved into larger pots.

We also started to dig a hole to plant a 30-gallon yucca, but gave up before we finished it because of the heat. We've had the yucca on the back patio in a 30-gallon Mexican pot for a few years. It got so big, however, that a couple of weeks ago it split the pot! Cracked it right in half.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10
27.0 N, 82.4 W