Re: infor

Pam, this reminds me of an event involving the neighbor with the Statue of Liberty in his front yard.

One time when Chuck, my yard guy, was here--and before he had his own equipment, he had brought equipment from the nursery to use, so it was obvious where he was from--the guy with the Statue of Liberty collared him and asked: "Why doesn't my hibiscus bloom more?"

Weekly, the guy prunes, trims, clips his hibiscus [a Seminole pink that blooms like crazy most of the year] into the shape of a large, green footstool.

Chuck told him hibiscus bloom on new growth, and if you cut off the new growth, you cut off the wood that supports blooms. The guy nodded and thanked him.

Since then, every week the guy prunes, trims, clips his hibiscus into the shape of a large, green footstool and frets because it rarely blooms.

Not all tools in the shed are sharp.