From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 4:45 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] time to vent!

> It amazing me that girls don't think they or women are
> capable of using a pruning saw and almost insist that my husband should be

Even with all the efforts of the women's movement, some people still have
not moved forward.  They still live and breathe stereotype.  Coming of age
in the 60s and 70s, the movement did influence me in what I view to be
positive ways for the most part.  But I think, even without the movement, I
would not be a "men's work - women's work" type.  For the most part, if I
want something done, I can do it unless it requires special knowledge or
strength I don't have.  I also think if you can eat, you can cook and wash
dishes.  If you can use a bathroom, you can clean one.  This is not the
women's movement speaking, it is just pure common sense.
Kitty