Re: infor

Well, he did buy that statue of liberty thing. That should've been a clue.

On Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at 06:56 AM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

And I'll bet this genius has a driver's license. That's pretty dang scary.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: Andrea H
Sent: 6/21/2004 9:12:17 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] infor

Wow, now that is simply not a comforting thought, that something so simple,
will not sink in.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 4:46 PM Subject: Re: [CHAT] infor

Pam, this reminds me of an event involving the neighbor with the Statue
of Liberty in his front yard.

One time when Chuck, my yard guy, was here--and before he had his own
equipment, he had brought equipment from the nursery to use, so it was
obvious where he was from--the guy with the Statue of Liberty collared
him and asked: "Why doesn't my hibiscus bloom more?"

Weekly, the guy prunes, trims, clips his hibiscus [a Seminole pink that
blooms like crazy most of the year] into the shape of a large, green
footstool.

Chuck told him hibiscus bloom on new growth, and if you cut off the new
growth, you cut off the wood that supports blooms. The guy nodded and
thanked him.

Since then, every week the guy prunes, trims, clips his hibiscus into
the shape of a large, green footstool and frets because it rarely
blooms.

Not all tools in the shed are sharp.

On Sunday, June 20, 2004, at 03:43 PM, ""