Re: time to vent now gender/work

Wow....that's all I have to say about that. Except this....if you want
to find some of those old "pre-electric" things go to www.Lehmans.com. I
get their catalog too. Things you didn't know they even MADE anymore are
in there. I've ordered several things from them and love it. Fast
service too.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
With all this gender talk, I thought this might be of interest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/20/obituaries/20buck.html

On Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at 11:15 PM, cathy carpenter wrote:

> Don't know what folks would call west central IL...but here, most of
> the women mow the lawn. I have steadfastly refused to do so, as I know
> DH would happily cede the job to me...and I most emphatically don't do
> lawns. With 2.5 acres, the planting and weeding are quite enough thank
> you!
> Cathy
> On Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at 06:46 PM, Libby Valentine wrote:
>
>> Well, I've never lived in the Bible belt and probably never will,
>> though
>> since I left western Massachusetts I somehow keep ending up in very
>> conservative counties/towns. There are a LOT of people out there who
>> think
>> dad brings home the paycheck, fixes the car, and mows the lawn while
>> mom
>> keeps the house, fixes dinner and raises the kids; or if that's not
>> how it's
>> happening, it's the way it should (always) happen.
>>
>> Around here, as far as yard work and snow shovelling, it certainly is
>> more
>> convenient to stay warm and relaxed inside while the men do the
>> work... why
>> do I have to have my own snow shovel?
>>
>> Libby

> http://www.hort.net/funds/