From: Jesse Bell [mailto: silverhawk@flash.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] time to vent!

Amen. I have to refresh the memory of my household from time to time
of<br>the very same thing. And I will gladly let my husband to the hard
work<br>for me cause he CAN. But before I married him...I either did it
myself<br>or worked out a trade with one of the neighbors....chop this
tree and<br>I'll babysit your kids for free on a saturday night...or
<kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:<br>> It amazing me that girls don't think
they or women are<br>> capable of using a pruning saw and almost insist
that my husband should be<br><br>Even with all the efforts of the
women's movement, some people still have<br>not moved forward. They
still live and breathe stereotype. Coming of age<br>in the 60s and 70s,
the movement did influence me in what I view to be<br>positive ways for
the most part. But I think, even without the movement, I<br>would not be
a "men's work - women's work" type. For the most part, if I<br>want
something done, I can do it unless it requires special knowledge
or<br>strength I don't have. I also think if you can eat, you can cook
and wash<br>dishes. If you can use a bathroom, you can clean one. This
is not the<br>women's movement speaking, it is just pure common
neighborhood ask me why I'm outside<br>> working (this happened again
last week as I was pruning a low branch off a<br>> bradford pear). It
amazing me that girls don't think they or women are<br>> capable of
using a pruning saw and almost insist that my husband should be<br>>
doing it. My husband and I however have a very clear agreement-
the<br>outside<br>> of the house is my territory. I only does something
if I specifically ask<br>> for his help. Mind you, I wouldn't mind if he
mowed the yard occasionally<br>> without my asking- but I can live with
that too. I have never had him<br>

chop<br>> down, pull up or otherwise destroy a plant. And he is a great
sport-<br>after<br>> I've planted, moved or trimmed anything, he's
always willing to be drug<br>out<br>> and view the new look. He smiles
and says it looks great, even though I<br>> know half the time he can't
Message-----<br>> From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net