Re: mango/black bean salad

In a message dated 06/24/2004 11:04:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:
LOL - - Auralie, is your DH one of those who won't ask for directions?
Never!  In 1951, before we were married, I flew up to Princeton for their
houseparty weekend (I was already out of college and employed - he had spent a
couple of years in the army).  He had borrowed a car to take me back to Idlewild
airport (anyone else old enough to remember that one, now known as JFK?).  Of
course he was showing off to the little girl from the sticks, but he didn't
really know his way around as well as he thought he did.  We kept going up the
West Side Highway until we were way beyond any way to get across Manhattan to
Long Island, and time was really passing.  He finally stopped at a gas station
- using the excuse that he had to refill the tank before he returned it, but
really to find out where he was.  To make a long story shorter, we finally got
there, and the plane would have been long gone except that the actual
departure time was two hours later than I had told him.  Even at that early age I
knew what I had to count on.