Re: time to vent!

In a message dated 06/24/2004 12:46:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@academicplanet.com writes:
They wouldn't let me take shop or typing either Kitty. Still can't type
well because of that. Of course these are the same schools that wouldn't
let me write left handed either. So they made me write right handed and
started giving me D's in penmenship. Get a clue people.
I, too, was not allowed to take shop in high school, which infuriated me.  I
refused to take home ec. but was the only girl in geometry, trigonometry, and
physics classes, and made the best grades in each. (This was a very small
school - only 28 in my high school graduating class.)  Then in college the head of
the math department told me there was no possible career for women in
mathematics except teaching.  Times have changed.
Auralie