Re: time to vent!--lefty's

In a message dated 06/24/2004 8:59:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:
Interesting- how many folks on this list are left handed? My hand is
raised!
I have "mixed dominance" and it's genetic.  My grandfather had it, as does at
least one
of my sons.  When I was young I could write with either hand - can't write
legibly with
either one any more. I could also read upside-down and backward.  I sometimes
studied upside down because it made me have to concentrate just a bit more.
My youngest son shares these traits.
My grandfather was a newspaper man who claimed to take down information with
both hands at once - but I didn't really believe him.  Mixed dominance means
that neither side of your brain has complete control.  One effect is that I
tend to stammer - not a Mel Tillis sort of stammer, but an inability to get the
word out that I want to say. I also have very strong visual memory, but
frequently can't find the words to go with the image.  It is said that the right
brain has no language, so lefties are at a loss for words, but I haven't observed
that
to be the case.
It's interesting that left-handedness has been seen to be a threatening
aberation in some
cultures. Some of the brightest people I know are lefties - maybe that's why
less gifted
ones saw them as a threat.
Auralie