Re: In the garden and out

In a message dated 6/25/2004 3:46:52 AM Central Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:
I had an uncle who used to saw black walnuts cross-wise and make
buttons of them.

Sounds cool to me.  I usually slip on them in the fall and mow them down in
the summer. <LOL> Last year the Univ. of TN gathered them for some study on old
black walnut trees in the area.  Wish they would take them every year.  THey
are way too much trouble to harvest, dry and crack.

zem
zone 7
West TN