Re: Fahrenheit 911

My sentiments exactly.
Cathy
On Friday, June 25, 2004, at 10:42 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Liz, not all of us are left in more than our handedness. It does appear
that those with left political leanings are more vocal at this point than
those of us in the middle or leaning a little more right politically. I am
not a fan of political name calling and bashing either, regardless of party.
I do think that while there is freedom of speech, courtesy would dictate
that the political discussions should be done privately rather than in our
normally friendly little garden chat group.

Keeping it in this forum does make those of us with a different viewpoint
feel as though we are being told we are "stupid" for seeing another side of
things by the tone of recent discussions. I don't carry on about Kerry, or
Kennedy (only to name a few) or the things I find so distasteful on the
left side, because I consider you all as friends and as individuals capable
of having independent ideas and I wouldn't want to make you think I didn't
hold you in high esteem even though I disagree with much of what I've heard
politically on this list lately.

I do love all of you out there, regardless of your politics, but I too am
tiring of the one-sided nature of the political discussions as of late.
Could we all get back to more "friendly" and less political topics? Even
topics regarding gardening, the ecology, natural resources and bills
associated with that would be O.K. if it were couched as something for all
to consider rather than laying blame and/or pointing fingers to this
individual or party as if everything you read or hear in the press were
fact. There are two sides to every story. And while we finger-point to
some unnamed evil, remember that our society is what WE make of it and if we
wanted only one view, we could relax and let someone become dictator.

O.K., I'm off my soapbox.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)