From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] lefty's

Thanks Eva. Sometimes...I wonder if I was one of those monks or scribes
in a past life! LOL. From an early age I was totally jazzed about
penmanship and calligraphy. I would sit and practice my writing for
HOURS...and design different ways to write. Those fairytale books with
the huge, illuminated "O" on "once upon a time..."....I used to study
and copy the fancy letters. Must have gotten that from my grandfather
(Jesse) who was also an artist of some sort. The art of lettering (and
it is an art...even though most people don't think of it as that...but
hey, early cave dwellers drew on the wall to communicate...no alphabet
then) so next time you start to write...think about the beauty of the
written word. It's kind of cool.

EvaTEsq@aol.com wrote:
Wow, Jesse! I'm so impressed! I've seen some of your caligraphy on packages
you have sent me. It is truly gorgeous!!!

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

In a message dated 6/25/2004 10:21:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,