Re: now sunblock- was-Air Layering now weather...

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] now sunblock- was-Air Layering now weather...
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 04:43:21 -0400

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> My most endangered area was my
> forearms.  Long sleeved shirts are awkward, bulky, hot.  This works
for me.
----------

Very clever idea but seems to me it would be hotter than wearing a
long sleeved shirt.  I wear my DH's old dress shirts; find them very
comfortable - loose and  not bulky at all.   Some of them are so old
they're getting a bit transparent, but they still protect me from sun
and bugs.   Hot is something you are the moment you walk out the door
here, clothed or buck naked, so hot doesn't enter into the equation
for me:-)  O'course, I also wear men's overalls and high rubber boots
with knee socks in the garden year around:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi