Re: Limestone walkway

I hope you will share some of the pictures they take for the article.
Here in Ok we had a Horticulture garden tour a few weeks past and it was
12.00 at the gate for 6-7 gardens. How many gardens do they have on your
tour?

I went with a garden writer friend to do an interview the other evening.
It was great fun to see a hidden garden that has been in the making for
almost 30 years. Lots of rooms, lots of trees and privet in order to
make more of a micro-climate. They had peacocks, guineas, and a 17 year
old duck. They said they had to have them in order to deal with the
grasshoppers. They had 8 children that they had home schooled so they
had helped to build several brick pathways, neat little fences, and
flagstone walks. One of the fences she said she let all 7 boys work on
pallets cutting out Gothic looking pickets, 275 of them then screwed
them together. Looked great. The husband goes to garage sales and buys
old chandeliers that he then wires to electricity and hangs in the
trees.

It is always fun to see what someone else can do with their garden.
Patricia
zone 6b

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
Busy past week but hope to easein today and work in the garden after church.
Our limestone walkway is in. Lordy, had no idea how much limestone dust
would result in installation and it won't come off with a simple washing. I do
love the pathway. I have many plants to put backin the ground and also added 3
yellow carpet roses which is a new color in that series this year. If you
have not seen them, they are very soft yellow and should be a nice addition to my
yellow/blue plant color scheme & also to our soft yellow house color.
We had our master gardener garden tour yesterday. Each year the tour is
in a different location of the Des Moines metro area and this year was in West
Des Moines. Our weather has been unusually cool, lower 40's night time lows
& lower 70's daytime highs, little wind. Perfect! There were 7 gardens on
the tour at a cost of $10. What are the costs of tours in your parts of the
country?
Tomorrow Iowa Gardener magazine photographer is coming to shoot my garden
to be featured in a future edition of the mag. On Tues the Des Moines
Register News (Iowas largest newspaper) is coming to photograph for a feature story.
This is exciting to me.
Looks like rain again this morning.
Ceres

http://www.hort.net/funds/