From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea H
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 9:52 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Butterfly population

it has been my observance over the past few years that here in coastal SC
the
mass of the butterfly population does not show up until late summer, into
early fall. To date, I think I've observed maybe 5 butterflies in my garden.
By September, my yard is swamped.

So I'm wondering what you guys have observed across the country. Jim, do you
get them sooner than me since you're warmer? Just curious, I'm interested to
know if others have huge amounts already.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

http://www.hort.net/funds/