Re: Limestone walkway

I'm impressed at the number of tours around the country.  We used to have
them here
years ago, but in recent years it has been nearly impossible to get anyone to
their homes and gardens to the public.  People are afraid to let strangers
know what
they have.  One club in the area had a tour of members' gardens but wouldn't
let anyone
buy tickets who was not vouched for by a club member.  I think it is very sad
that things
have reached that state.  There is an organization - Garden Conservancy -
that has tours
of special gardens, but again it is not widely advertised and is carefully
The Garden Club District organization tried to have one for a fund-raiser a
couple of
years ago, and did manage to get some nice gardens to show, but one was taken
the list the day before the tour.  The price was $25.00, and maybe for that
reason, the
turnout was quite poor.
My club members visit each other's gardens but that is not a public event.
there are quite a few very nice public gardens in the area.

There were 7