in my garden today.....

After spending a grueling day in the garden and not getting much
accomplished... decided that my garden is the pits.

Nothing grew at the rate is should have... been trimming and yanking
stuff out all day...

Seems my timing is also off as not much is blooming at the moment...
urgh! Beginning to think I should yank everything out and have someone
who knows what they are doing come in and try again...nah...

Lets talk Hydrangea... Thought was depending on your soil conditions..
the blooms would either be pink or blue.... so why does mine have a
flower of each on it?!? Someone care to explain this too me...

Daylilies... one of my plants has a very strange leaf on it... like it
is dieing in the middle of the leaf. Is this rust something? Haven't
introduced any new ones and those have been there since 97-98?....
wouldn't that have shown up sooner?

It appears something is eating my butterfly bush (black knight)...
leaves have holes in them... couldn't find a bug to save my soul...

Found a couple of volunteers that I have no idea what they are... hate
that, could be this or maybe that...but since they are blooming so nice,
they got to stay.

Last season I tried some seeds from ebay... most didn't come up, or I
didn't care for them, so pitched the notes since they were all
annuals... now I got a big patch of something. Obviously, the seeds
needed cold to germinate as there was nothing there last year... now I
don't have clue what they were...

Not a good gardening experience today, most of the day was sunning hot
and muggy... later in the afternoon the clouds rolled in and it cooled