Re: Butterfly population

I've been trying to actively keep or plant as many host plants as I can. Have hackberry trees in our woods and was delighted to see an American Snout last year - talk about cute. Am trying for as many different Swallowtail host plants as possible: Dutchman's pipe for the Pipevine Swallowtail, Pawpaw for the Zebra Swallowtail, and Spicebush and Sassafras for the Spicebush Swallowtail, and dill and parsley for the Black Swallowtail.
Cathy