Re: Butterfly population

In a message dated 06/28/2004 10:57:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cathyc@rnet.com writes:
Isn't the Karner blue endangered?

It's endangered in New York State, but may not be endangered elsewhere.  I
know about that.  My understanding is that it must have the wild blue lupine
to lay
its eggs on - just as the Monarch must have milkweed..