Re: Yellowjackets/bee clothes

I thought maybe Peaceful Valley would have them, but no.

On Monday, June 28, 2004, at 12:41 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Bonnie - Check and see if Lee Valley Tools has that protective clothing,
I could swear I've seen it in their catalogs before. And I find them
quite reasonable.

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: Bonnie Holmes Sent: 6/28/2004 10:39:16 AM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: RE: [CHAT] Yellowjackets

I am disturbing them by mowing. Another reason, I dislike lawns. Found a
document "IPM for Schools" that says that the vibrations from mowers and
athletic events can cause them to attack. Also, advised loggers and mowers
to use clothing and veils used for bee work. That is one thing I wanted to
know...could that clothing protect me...didn't know if stingers were longer
on yellow jackets and so could penetrate bee protection clothing. So, I am
now looking for a good but reasonably priced source.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN