Re: tomato woes

Tchessie wrote:
Well-
I've tried antifungals, crop rotatation, resistant varieties, wishing and
praying, but once again  I have wilt on 2 of my tomato plants (I always
forget if it is fusarium or verticilium).  Either way, I ripped out one
plant 2 weeks ago, today I ripped out my Sweet 100.  It, of course is loaded
with green tomatos (I picked all of the ripe and almost ripe ones and
brought inside).  Bought killed me to yank it.  Is there anything that gets
rid of this problem???  I'm seriously considering removing the soil and
replacing it- except I wouldn't have a clue how much to remove or if this
would be a backache in vain!  Of course, this is the BEST spot in the garden
to grow tomatos (south wall, raised bed).  Rats!!

Theresa
Sac, CA

P.S.  Thanks to David, Jesse, Kitty and Jim for chiming in on the "politics"
snit.  Was too tired to bother, but happy someone did.
And you're sure it's wilt ? You have no root nematodes in CA as they do in
Florida ? I guess you can't get methyl bromide any more, that would cure it
for sure. Does anybody know if solarization works against bacterial rots ?
I suspect it would, and that might be your best bet.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA