Re: tomato woes/experiment

Yep. Directly into the new, hot litter and straw.

I didn't invent this idea, Andrea. At the time I was writing a thrice-weekly science program for radio and I was one everybody's mailing list, I think. This particular experiment was cooked up by some national research laboratory in Great Britain. So I thought I'd try it. Productivity was better than I've ever had with tomatoes planted in the ground.