RE: If you have already seen this - or are not a windows user- hit delete.

Not an expert Kitty-- you need to be talking to our list leader Chris

Most of these attacks are geared toward the newer systems of Microsoft.
They added featured that make networking easier, so the holes are there,
they just exploit them. (And FWIW, many other systems also have gapping
holes, but no one is bothering with them...)

I have read some really interesting articles about three groups of
hackers, each trying to outdo the other at our expense. They even have a
camp to work at and promote this stuff.... I will leave my commentary at
that, since I want my blood pressure to remain low tonight :)

I also read somewhere that the support for W98 was going to be
discontinued... not sure if they have yet or not. I am guessing they are
doing that to entice folks to upgrade....

I have used XP since early 2002 and find it useful once you get
accustomed to it... I also have a tablet pc, which I like even better!