RE: OT: FYI Comparing the candidates and news

Interesting that I have not seen what this writer refers to in our media
concerning the diplomats and military commanders.  I have seen mention of
the scientists.

Prominent diplomats denounce Bush policies

To the Editor:

Again our national corporate media have downplayed a significant story.

A prominent group of 26 former U.S. diplomats and military commanders
recently denounced the Bush administration's disastrous foreign and
national security record and urged that Bush be ousted from office next

Among those participating in the group's statement were the former chairman
of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President Ronald Reagan, the U.S.
ambassador to Saudi Arabia under President George H. W. Bush, President
Reagan's ambassador to the Soviet Union, the former commander in chief of
the U.S. Central Command for the Middle East, a former U.S. ambassador to
the United Nations, a former Air Force chief of staff, and 21 additional
retired high-ranking U.S. diplomats and military commanders.

The Bush administration, these notables declared, had done so much damage
to American security, both at home and abroad, ''that a whole new team is
needed to repair the damage.''

Several days later, 48 Nobel Prize winning scientists, in an unprecedented
joint statement, condemned President Bush for basing his administration's
science policy upon prejudice and fear rather than upon scientific facts.

Bush, they declared, had jeopardized America's future by ignoring the
verifiable truth about global warming and a host of other critical issues.

These eminent scientists urged their fellow countrymen to elect Sen. John
Kerry president next November to prevent the Bush administration from doing
even more damage to the health and security of all Americans.

Such expressions of alarm deserve more than a cursory mention from our
national media.

Norman Ferris

Murfreesboro 37130

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN