Re: Gloriosa, Glory Lily, Tiger's Claws

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gloriosa, Glory Lily, Tiger's Claws
  • From: "Kitty" kmrsy@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:06:29 -0500

Plant it in the fall? Lordy!  That's when the show will be over and it has
to come inside.  It is native to India, a zone 8-10 plant.  I plan on either
sinking the pot or placing a decorative bottomless pot over it.  I think it
will still go next to the lilac as this lilac doesn't get that big - I
believe it's back to full size after a good pruning several years ago.  And,
if the lilac doesn't behave itself, I'll cut back any growth that covers the
Gloriosa's flowers.

Kitty
neIN, Z5