From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:01 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] copperhead got the Anne Boleyn treatment

A couple years ago we were up at Lake Shastina visiting a friend, and
their little dauchsand was running down the rocky hill behind the house
and jumped right over a sleeping rattlesnake about 50 feet from the
house.  Stupid dog went back to back at it- gave us all a heart attack
and we did manage to distract the dog and get is to run the rest of the
way down the hill before it got itself killed.  My husband  ran a
grabbed a couple of big rocks and hurled them at the snake- on the
second rock he killed it dead!  We were duly impressed with his aim.

Theresa