Re: Off to the Garden

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Off to the Garden
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:13:56 -0600

We were supposed to get rain Fri-Sat-Sun, none so far except Thurs
overnight.  I spent about 6 hrs in the garden yesterday and got a few things
done.  While looking for spaces to tuck things in, lo and behold, my Mock
Orange was blooming!  No fragrance, but at least it bloomed.  It's a
sprawling, leggy thing with little to its credit, so it may still get yanked
someday.  But after trying for 15 yrs to get a Philadelphus to flower, I did
derive some pleasure from this one blooming in its third year.

Kitty