Re: Off to the Garden/mock orange/cuttings

Tip cuttings are the easiest to root. Make them at least three nodes long so she can bury two nodes. Wrap them loosely in damp newspaper and wrap that bundle in bubble wrap well enough to keep the damp newspaper from leaking. Put the package in a padded envelope and mail it "Priority". If you have RooTone, you might dip the ends of the cuttings in it before wrapping them up; if you don't have RooTone, don't worry about it.

On Jun 5, 2005, at 5:06 AM, Judy Browning wrote:

Got it. OK you folks who "do" cuttings, any advice?
----- Original Message -----
From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Off to the Garden/mock orange

I would love to try a cutting.
I will send you my address.
Thank you,
Tricia
----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Browning" <judybrowning@lewiston.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 7:35 PM

I have 2. One I bought as a "native" syringa. They lied. It is a lovely
double, but not what I wanted at the time so it got chopped, ripped out
&
moved to the far SW corner of my property, full sun. It has never grown
tall
again, but is getting wider, blooms profusely & smells heavenly. The
other
is a local syringa, Philidelphus lewisii, single like the ones in the
woods
and smells even better. Sucker from one in a friend's yard. It is on the
east side full sun most of the day. Wish I could send you some of the
perfume. Want to try a cutting?