Re: Spray & Tides

Kitty, What were you doing on the roof?

The bed sounds fantastic, not like a mish-mash, or either a very pretty
mish-mash. ALL of my beds are like that. I love Cordyline. I have two green
ones that have turned into small shrubs, and bought a purple/red one from
Plant Delights last summer. I thought it had croaked over the winter but
it's coming back nicely.

Wish I could grow Nasturtiums like you can. I love those, but they poop out
by now for us. Question, where do you have your Filipendula? I bought one
this year from Spring Hill, just to try and it was cheap, since I'm
concerned it might not like it here. It's in the sun, but in a very soggy
bed. So far so good. It even bloomed! It's planted between two Pretoria
Canna lilies and looks really good. I've always wanted one but was afraid
it's too hot here or too something. It's one of those zones 3-8 plants that
are sometimes iffy here in the summer. Guess we'll see!

Donna, sounds like you had a rather productive day to me. Just dealing with
my mom wears me out! YAY on the new furniture. Sounds like a great thing. I
love getting new stuff like that. Always make everything look between, then
of course if you're like me you have to rearrange the plants to suit the
new stuff. :-D

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

Plumbago,
> Muhlenbergia, and Penisetum.  It eventually got too hot - this bed is in
sun
> and we hit 90 degrees, so I stopped around 1:30, had lunch, ran some
> errands.  I noticed that some plants like Filipendula, Oakleaf Hydrangea,
> and others were wilting, so emergency watered. About 4;30 I figured I
could
> handle some heat and went back to work on the tenders bed.  Then the rain
> rolled in.  Got a nice soaker that lasted a couple of hours.  I didn't get
> the bed mulched, but it still needs some plants that aren't quite ready
yet.
> I started them late.  I have 18 Nasturtium 'Empress of India' - 2.5 in
> scarlet blooms against deep purplish green foliage.  I'm hoping they'll
> spread out as sort of a ground cover among the other plants.  I also have
> several 4 foot burgundy sunflowers and some 4:00s.  I'm sure it sounds
like
> a mish mash, but I like it.  The connecting color is purple/red from the
> fountain grass to the Cordylines to the Nasturtium leaves. With Acalyphas
> and Osteos for contrast.
>
> Kitty
> neIN, Z5

Google