New Garden Pest

I have truly lost my mind.  Last week my new garden pest was found at the post
office, and I rescued him.  His name is Otis; he is about 3 months old and is
a PUPPY of unknown origin.  I don't even like dogs, but what could I do?  He
was going to get run over.  I don't know how long the cats, Precious and I can
stand him, but he does seem teachable -- maybe.  I'll send along a picture as
soon as I get one.  He is dark brown with a spash of white on his chest and on
the tips of his toes.   He does have a curly tail bot no indication of Chow
acestry.  Beady eyes might indicate a pit bull in the wood pile, but who
knows.  The cats are almost tolerant.  Precious is the only one who has bitten
him (on the ear) -- yet.
zem (who is certifialby nuts)
zone 7
West TN