Re: New Garden Pest

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] New Garden Pest
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:21:46 -0600

I'm not particularly a dog person either, Zem, but it would have been so
hard to have walked away from this little guy  (how many others did, before
you came along?)    I think your cats will teach him a thing or two and
eventually he'll fit in.  Pecking order, whether within a single species or
multiple, has to be established and they will teach this youngin' where his
place is.

An interesting thing has happened in the pecking order at my house.
Slugger, the newest kid on the block (16 months now!) originally struck fear
in the other 4 cats.  They'd run from him or were afraid to walk past him.
He's young and playful and I think they mistook his playfulness for
aggressiveness. and nobody would play with him.  I could tell he really
wanted to be friends; they were having none of it.  In recent months the
tables seem to have turned.  The other 4 are still not friendly with
Slugger, but none are afraid of him anymore.  Now he is the one to cower,
back down, or run when the others challenge him.  Maybe he thinks he should
try this new tack to win friends and influence cats since the other way
didn't work.   I wish they'd be more accepting of him.

Kitty