Re: Duck, duck - GOOSE

Apparently for several swan species there are white and dark (really grey) juveniles. For example, in the Mute Swan the white juveniles are more common than the dark. The white versions have light pinkish orange beaks and feet, but the dark ones have dark grey/black beaks and feet. Soooooo- we still don't know what you've got! How big is it? Can it fly?

Snow geese don't turn all white until they are adults according to what I found. They also have black on their wing tips at all ages.

Here's a pretty decent swan site:

Oh for heaven sake, Jesse take a picture of it to post- I'm dying of curiosity!

Maria Olshin wrote:

Does it look like this? From a research station in Canada, and supposed to be cygnets, I guess of tundra swans.

Here's the main page, with a lot of interesting pix:

Not a swan because those babies have black beaks too. I'll have to look
up the Snow Goose. It could be a common grey goose..they have orange
beaks and feet. But there aren't any of those around here?????

james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:Snow goose or swan?