From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Melody
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:25 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] pics. to share

If anyone wants a peek at how my garden looked a couple of weeks ago,
plus at the nice little sink hole that developed last week and took out
my beautiful little water feature, here is the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/mhobertm

The sinkhole appears to be from an old, improperly capped cistern and is
unfortunately not covered by insurance. Sits only less than 18 inches
from our gas line so our only option is to refill the hole and cap it
properly this time. Then we have to rebuild the water feature...all of
which takes time we don't really have right now in the middle of ball
season. Am way behind in emails again but I'll try to get caught
up...got sick and ended up in the ER one night in the past week...viral
thing going around. Had some pretty nasty storms a couple of nights
ago...tornado warnings for a few hours; hay barn a couple miles away got
blown down and some trees damaged in the countryside but otherwise
nothing more than some heavy rains. Hope all of you are well.

Who on the list lives out Denver way? Betsy? Have a friend out in Denver
who is new to gardening and is feeling a bit frustrated with her
efforts; I think she needs a bit more local advice than I can give her
from Iowa. TIA!

Melody
Hills, IA  zone 5