To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Soil pH

David,

The pH meter I use is called a pH Analyzer. I can't find any
manufacturer's name on it, and at the moment have no idea where the
directions are. But, I got mine from MacKenzie Nursery Supply, and here is
their description of it:

MacKenzie Nursery Supply Inc. Customer service phone:
800-777-5030
Customer service e-mail: mns@mnsinc.cc

Return to Home Page | View Cart

Soil Meters
Soil Meters

PH7
Price: $18.25

Ph7 Soil Analyzer

Quantity:

pH controls microorganisms in the soil, fertility, a plant's
ability to use fertilizer, plant's resistance to disease, mature development
and growth and yield. In a one minute test, the pH analyzer determines the
acid/alkaline composition of the soil. Directions include desired range for
350 plants - lawns, fruits, shrubs, trees, vegetables, herbs, spices,
indoor/outdoor plants. No messy chemicals or dyes. Instructions tell user
what steps to take if the soil is not in the desired pH range. A fundamental
tool for growing all types of plants.

Hope it helps. They have a website if you can't find it
locally.

Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>