Re: Duck, duck - GOOSE

Really??? I have been away from the computer a few days and haven't had
time to do anymore research...my husband scoffs at the idea that it
could be a swan. It's neck is not extraordinarily long, but it is long.
I call him Peeper right now cause that's all he does. I have never seen
anything like this. Last night I went to weed Bermuda grass out of my
gardens and the goose is right there, helping me along. It grabs the
runner of grass and pulls really hard, sometimes falling backwards. He
stays with me wherever I go. In the mornings when I feed he follows me.
I have a riding lawnmower with a trailer on the back full of different
buckets of feed for the numerous DIFFERENT animals we have. He runs
behind me, peeping. When he gets tired I hold him on my lap and take him
back to his little swimming pool for a drink and a swim. I took a
digital picture of him. What is the best way to get his photo on here so
ya'll can see him? Send it to Donna????

Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net> wrote:
Apparently for several swan species there are white and dark (really
grey) juveniles. For example, in the Mute Swan the white juveniles are
more common than the dark. The white versions have light pinkish orange
beaks and feet, but the dark ones have dark grey/black beaks and feet.
Soooooo- we still don't know what you've got! How big is it? Can it fly?

Snow geese don't turn all white until they are adults according to what
I found. They also have black on their wing tips at all ages.

Here's a pretty decent swan site:
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/er/factsheets/birds/swan.htm

Oh for heaven sake, Jesse take a picture of it to post- I'm dying of
curiosity!

Theresa