Re: Duck, duck - GOOSE

Well, they migrate in large numbers. And around here (if it is a
Canadian Goose) some of them stay year round. We have 3 ponds out here
and I've seen up to 6 Canadians on our ponds in December and January.
Not to worry...all of our animals are spoiled rotten. If it gets too
cold for him, I'll put a heat lamp out in his little hut. He is larger
than a full grown male mallard duck. We have mallards and muscovey ducks
out here and he is about the size of the muscovy. Bless his little
heart...he tries really, really hard to be sociable with the ducks but
they stick to themselves and don't really want him around. Our two
peacocks seem quite interested in him. They get really close and check
him out...then he comes running and screaming for me. Several times I
have gone out to the side yard and found both peacocks in there with
him...just strutting around and watching him.

Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net> wrote:
Jesse- he clearly has imprinted on you as his mother. I'm afraid you
are going to have one heck of a time convincing him he/she is a fowl,
even after it grows up. How will he learn to migrate??
Can't wait to see the picture. How big is he?
Theresa