Re: ANTS ON HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS

Well, Pam, I made a sticky trap circle that I put on the cord that
holds the feeder, just above the feeder.  Seems to have cut back
significantly on the number who make it to the feeder.  Used
cardboard and sprayed it with tanglefoot.  Made it sort of a cone
shape with the wide end at the top as my ants travel down the cord
from the fascia on the roof overhang from which the feeder hangs.
Looks awful, stuck full of ants and dirt now, but....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs