To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] today....

Well, I worked in A/C that was often too cold. On my lunch I went to the
gardens; we had a "workday" - getting ready for our first garden walk and
second plant sale next week. It was'nt quite as bad today as the rest of
the week (one case of heat stroke yesterday) but everyone was cautioned to
take breaks and drink fluids. Stormed a couple of times this afternoon.
When it is hot and muggy like this, there isn't much point in trying to
garden between say Noon and 4pm. Just get up early or stay at it late. No
spider bites here, but several mosquito bites yesterday. I worked back and
forth between home & CES til 2, took a nap, and then worked at CES 4-8.