Re: today....Judy---

> Oh I'm OK. It's a little numb so very little pain. Actually hurting more now
> that some feeling is returning.  Ran a splinter into my finger & it broke
> off. Cellulitis, antibiotics, then an abcess, so opted for minor surgery to
> heal it up a little quicker. I ended up with 7 stitches. The ER doc said
> they've been seeing some resistant bacteria in "yardwork" wounds this year,
> so I've been very cautious about getting crud on my hands until I was sure
> it was well healed. Took some extra time off work too. Didn't want to do
> patient care with stitches still in.

I hate splinters -- had one a couple of weeks ago that was so long it was
easier to just pull it through the other side.  Glad I didn't run into
bacterial problems!

Did they have any ideas about why there are more problems this year than
in past years?

P.S.  Make sure that you all have up-to-date tetanus shots when you're
      gardening!  Even getting dirt in a wound can cause problems if
      you don't have one.

http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/                        Shorten your URLs!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions